Safe shopping tips
• Remember where you parked. Make a note of the entrance that is closest to your car.
• Do not tempt thieves. Avoid leaving packages on the car seat or elsewhere in plain sight.
• Lock your car when you leave it, even if only for a short time.
• Try to avoid walking alone.
• Walk and park in well-lit areas whenever possible.
• Be alert to anything that looks unusual or when someone “accidentally” bumps into you. That’s how thieves often distract their victims. Try to avoid carrying packages that block your view.
• As you leave a building, carry your keys concealed in your hand.
• Do not hesitate to ask a security guard for help or for an escort to your car.
• Be cautious in showing the amount of cash you are carrying.